YES Program Goals
While living with an American family and attending a U.S. high school, YES students:
- Acquire an understanding of important elements of a civil society, including concepts such as volunteerism, civic responsibility, and respect for the rule of law.
- Develop an appreciation for American culture, an increased respect for diversity, and appreciation for others with differing views, beliefs, and practices.
- Interact with Americas and generate enduring ties.
- Teach Americans about people and cultures of their home countries.
- Gain leadership capacity that will enable them as alumni to initiate and support community service and development projects in their home countries.